I had the extreme pleasure to attend both the Public Evening Lecture and the Research Colloquium on this highly important topic. Please view the STORIFY of the tweets and materials for the 2018 event.
Important points from both the evening and day events:
- we all need SLEEP, 8-10 hours depending on age
- step away from the turned on screens one hour before bedtime
- middle years and high school students are going out less, doing less with friends
- society needs to reconnect with nature – go for walks, hiking, playing ball/frisbee, sit around a campfire
- all media is educational! It’s just as important to feed the brain as it is the body. It’s the quality of the media that matters.
- try a weekly digital sabbath with everyone in your family