I just received the latest Tech News newsletter from Alberta Education. There are always great tidbits, resources, and the latest tech news found in this newsletter. Feel free to subscribe yourself at http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/Subscribe.aspx?m=16941. The following videos were showcased in this latest newsletter and they are not to be missed!
Since May 2010, I have had the opportunity during various conferences, workshops and meetings to view each of the videos below. First off, they are quite polished and one is able to hear the thoughts from students, teachers, parents and research gurus. Secondly, they are short enough to share with a group of teachers who are looking to further engage their students.
21st Century Learning: Technology in Education Videos
Alberta Education has produced a series of videos to illustrate 21st Century learning in Alberta. The five videos show how Alberta schools are currently using a variety of technologies for teaching and learning. They include:
- Technology in Education: The Possibilities This video showcases a school environment that has fully integrated technology into day-to-day learning and teaching.
- Connection with the International Space Station This video shows the innovative learning and teaching that lead up to the question-answer session between students in Palliser Regional Schools and astronauts aboard the International Space Station.
- Flexibility in Learning Through Technology This video provides a glimpse into the lives of students who have chosen to attend virtual schools.
- Success for All Students with Technology This video showcases two schools that use technology to help students with complex learning needs and language barriers.
- Making Global Connections This video shows how videoconferencing is used to make student learning relevant and engaging.